- Quotes -



"Now go to him as you are in your armor and helmets, but leave your battle-shields here, and your spears, let them lay waiting for your promises your words may make."

- Beowulf and his men were to battle with no battle-shields or spears and make a promise not to abandon him.


"I leave my armor to my son, now, if God had given me an heir, a child born of my body, his life created from mine."
- As he's dying his last will and testament is that his son receives all of his armor and money.


"I remember how we sat in the mead-hall, drinking and boasting of how brave we'd be when Beowulf needed us."
- This is when his when Wiglaf shouted out that Beowulf's men abandoned their promises when Beowulf needed them the most.

Abrams, Meyer Howard, and Stephen Jay Greenblatt. “Beowulf.” The Norton Anthology of English Literature The Middle
Ages. New York: W.W. Norton & Company. 2006. 36-100. Print.
http://wallpapers.latestscreens.com/1024x768/beowulf/beowulf-01.jpg